Immigration & Visa
Prior to arrival in Bangladesh:
E visa:Employer starts processing to obtain E visa recommendation letter from BIDA (the issuing authority) on receipt of necessary documents from employee. Employer will send a letter requesting the concern embassy to issue E visa along with copy of E visa recommendation letter issued by BIDA, copy of appointment letter with an advice to the employee to apply for E visa. Normally, Bangladeshi Missions aboard issue E visa with validity of 90 days from the date of arrival.
B visa:Any person can apply to Bangladeshi Embassy for B visa attaching a copy of invitation letter from the company inviting him to visit Bangladesh along with company information. Normally, Bangladesh Missions aboard issue 30 days B visa to the applicant.
While in Bangladesh:
E visa:Employee needs to extend his E visa before expiry of his existing E visa. Employer needs to enclose copy of work permit/ documentary evidence of application for work permit and copy of security clearance with E visa extension application. In case of non-availability of security clearance, E visa will be extended for 90 days only. On expiry of extended 90 days E visa employer has to apply for next extension on receipt of security clearance and this time applicant will get E visa extension matching with work permit validity.
B visa:On expiry of existing B visa, the holder can apply for B visa extension to Bangladesh Immigration authority attaching copy of police clearance. Normally, Bangladesh Immigration authority grants 30 days B visa extension to applicant. In case of refusal by of clearance by the authority, applicant will get exit visa. Applicant has to leave Bangladesh within 7 days of getting exit visa.
- E visa extension: It takes around 5 to 7 work days
- B visa extension: It takes around 30 working days.
- Visa category change: It takes around 30 to 45 working days.
- Written/interview/Presentation or both for national employee.
- Online interview/Presentation for expatriate employee.
- Summary sheet for all candidates with details for all candidates (education qualification, experience level, others, etc.).
- Score Sheet.
- Technical Question Sheet.
- Guideline for the Interview as received from the client
Payroll, Taxation and other payment process
- Help employee to open Bank account in NESL prescribed banks.
- Employees have to submit approved monthly time sheet (applicable for all national/expatriate employees)
- Calculation of salary and benefits is done based on approved time sheet. Deduction of AIT and otherdeductions, if any.
- Salary transfer to Bank.
- Send pay slip to employee
In case of expat employees, salary process starts on receipt of approved time sheet along with receipt of foreign currency (only USD accounts) bank details from employee. No payment can commence prior to work permit approval. Payments are done only by bank transfer.
We write to our banker to transfer salary to national employee’s bank A/C based on approved time sheet and bank details submitted by employees.
In case of expat employee’s, we advice our bank to transfer foreign currency to concern employee’s FC bank A/C aboard. We have to attach copy of approve time sheet, copy of work permit and copy of bank details provided by expat employee
NESL offers services in relation to submission of tax return and obtaining tax clearance certificate for expat employees only. NESL deduct tax from employee’s salary and deposit the same to national exchequer. NESL calculate total income and total tax liability for each employee and submit tax return based on the calculation on behalf of expat employees. On completion of tax assessment, we obtain tax clearance certificate from concern tax authority. Charge applicable.
In case of national employee, tax return submission and obtaining tax clearance is the obligation of concern employee. NESL only deduct applicable tax from employee’s salary, deposit the same to tax authority and provide a copy of tax Challan and a certificate mentioning the amount of total tax deduction. No charge applicable.
Mobilization, demobilization and settling in Bangladesh
NESL maintains following insurance policies for national and expatriate employees in line with the requirements of the clients:
- Group life insurance coverage (Accidental death, normal death, Partial disability and Permanent disability for national employee).
- Hospitalization insurance coverage for national employees.
- Medical evacuation and Hospitalization coverage for expat employees.
- Workman compensation insurance coverage for both national/expat employees.
All insurance coverage amount is decided by clients except WCI which depends on Workmen’s Compensation Act , 1923 and subsequent amendments of the said Act.
Moreover, NESL provide General liability policy, Employers liability policy and Professional liability policy based on client’s requirement. The expenses are reimbursable as per pre-agreed cost.
Cautions: False advertisements and job offers
NESL shall not be responsible for any job advertisements, which are fake, not genuine or not posted by NESL. Anyone claiming to be agent or associate of NESL or using NESL brand name or logo and offering the contracts or jobs or work permits with NESL or its clients must be reported to us immediately. NESL notifies that no money transfer request would be made to any candidate at any stage in the recruitment process. NESL warns any potential candidates not to disclose banking and other personal details to any party pretending to be NESL and all such attempts should be notified to NESL. It is to be understood that NESL take no liability for such frauds or misrepresentations.